Rashford Recalls Game 7 Heroics to Power Moscow to Finals

Rashford Recalls Game 7 Heroics to Power Moscow to Finals

David Rashford's journey in the VHL is a long way from finished, but having just won his first Continental Cup he felt it appropriate to discuss what is arguably his personal highlight to date. Moscow were down 3-1 to Riga in the Conference Finals but ended up winning out to take the series in Game 7. Rashford was first star scoring 2 goals (including the game winner with 10 minutes left) and assisting one goal in a 5-3 victory. "It was just one of those games where everything clicked," said Rashford. "I desperately wanted to be a winner in this league, desperately wanting to prove that I belonged on merit. The guys did such a phenomenal job of staying focused to come back from 3-1 down to tie the series and I knew I had to help them out. Big credit to Gunner for creating so much space out there - he was an absolute force." When asked where it ranks in terms of personal achievement, Rashford replied "It's right up there. Having such a big impact in such a crucial moment of the season was so gratifying. I know I'll never be the best player but I always knew I could be a really impactful player on a winning team. This game proved it."