I-Smell excited to join the LA Stars

CaptainSB

After being drafted by the Los Angeles Stars of the VHL, I-Smell is looking at how he can best improve his skills and play in the VHLE before making the jump to the pros. He has been working on his game mostly on the offensive side before now transitioning into clearing up his defense and body checking. The Stars have an aging defensive line with Erik Thorvaldsson being the young defensemen of the group. The other four prospects in the Stars pipeline seem to have ways to go before making it to the big leagues. WWumbo, Alexandr Novotny, Connor Mclaughlin and Miles Bryant need a bit more time to be ready. That leaves I-Smell ready to join in a season while the team calls up their star prospect Roger Eagles this season to shore up the goalie position. 

If you look at the current prospect pipeline, I-Smell has already shot up the ladder and is now the number 1 prospect heading in to the upcoming VHLE season. 6 of the prospects are in the 200 tpe range and 3 are in the 100 range. So in one season, you can expect I-Smell to take over for the aging Braeden Panarella and partner with Thorvaldsson and Eagles to form a scary defensive back for the Stars. Thorvaldsson has a strong defensive focus and has good speed. I-Smell has been working on his offensive a bit so having those two contrasting styles should benefit the team as a whole.

Now let's take a look at the whole team. The team is in an exciting path with the core all in the S94 and S95 class. For the wings, you have Pombo, Wally Lose and The Phantom of the VHL leading the group with most likley Pombo and Lose on the wings and Phantom playing center. The defense as mentioned will be led by Erik Thorvaldsson and future Samsayz I-Smell with the goalie being led by Roger Eagles. This is a great team where they can now fill in the remaining pieces with a mix of vets and second tier rookies to round out the roster. The two classes make up 6 core players with 8 prospects in the S93 to S95 range that they hope will work out. 3 vet wings and defensemen will be providing the leadership and this team will look to really change for the Cup in a few seasons time. 

The GM InstantRockstar and assistant KRZY has done a great job assembling the team and now it is up to the players to continuously earn and develop. The team doesn't have much draft picks in the next two drafts as they traded away their 1st and 2nd for next season and 1st in S97. The team will be leaning on the S94 and S95 class and has consolidated to give the team the best window to compete. The other big challenge for the team is with all the varying personalities how will the GMs be able to make sure everyone is on the same page. If he can get them all supporting each other and winning, you will see a future dynasty. If you see them bickering and frustrated with losing you will see a big internal meltdown so how this unfolds will be a fun storyline for the casual VHL fans to follow.