Don't believe everything you read

JCarson

Last week prior to the VHLM draft I put out an article detailing out the priorities of the Mexico City Kings. I posted this article well in advance of the draft partially hoping that the other GMs would take the time to read it. I know that in the past I had several of other GM’s comment on my postings related to being a GM and how I thought about things. 

I will admit that the article, although it held some truth was meant as a red herring. I was subtly hoping to influence some of the other GMs to make their selections with my not so trustworthy information in their minds.  Now I can’t tell you if it worked, and for the most part what I wrote wasn’t a complete and outright lie, it was just a reorganization of my thoughts.

I in fact did want to add to my forward depth, it just wasn’t my first priority.  In fact, it was my last priority. I did need to add to the defensive component of my team, which did happen to be my first priority. And goaltending was a close second.  The fact I was able to pick up veteran player Alagsantere Groenvold (VattghernCZ) was one of my biggest surprises.  I had expected that by the 7th pick he would be off the draft table.  Follow that with the ability to pick up goaltender Chazz Michael Michaels (Xflexz) and I can say it made my draft.  With my first 2 rounds picks secured and priorities satisfied, I started to look at options for my third pick which was in the 2nd round.  I quickly exercised the ability to pick up Nathan Blaize (Maple) and with my fourth pick I got Rick132’s player David Michael in the hopes of gaining some added strength as the player developed. 

That left 1 last expected pick and unfortunately this one was a bust.  Having seen most of the later round players I had scouted and heard back from leave the draft board I was left picking blind.  I decided that I would pick a low TPE goalie that potentially would be around in season 96.  As goalies can be the toughest position to fill. Unfortunately, I got caught on an Alt that had not been removed from the system.  Severely frustrating but I should have done my due diligence.  Not a massive loss, I will just need to position myself for season 96 in another fashion.  

With the draft done that will leave me with 4 forwards 3 defenders and1 goalie, not optimal but I am not sure any of the VHLM rosters are optimal.  Waivers should come in and provide some support over the season, with expectations of that happening closer to trade deadline.  All said I am happy with how things turned out with this draft and look forward to how this team will perform.

Season 96 will be a strong showing for the Mexico City Kings, we will push for another chance at the Founders Cup.  Come join us and cheer us on.