Moving back to the middle

gregreg

After a successful rookie season as a winger, Devin Sundberg is heading back to the middle of the ice for the Toronto Legion. The 2nd season Sundberg was drafted as a centre but because of depth problems for Toronto last season, Sundberg was forced to play on the wing with Tyler Cote as his centre. Now this season with more depth on the Legion, Sundberg will move down to the 2nd line to help Toronto with some secondary scoring. Lucky for Toronto, Sundberg won't be rusty going into the new season as he is coming off a World Cup were he was a 2nd line centre for Team Scandinavia. He chipped in a few points from the 2nd line, having one really good game early on where he scored a hat trick against Team Mercenaries, adding an assist for four points in that game. Team Scandinavia ended up getting a silver medal in the World Cup and that experience should help Sundberg in his first season down the middle in the VHL.

We caught up with Sundberg as he reported to training camp today and asked him about his new challenge going into another season. "It's definitely a new challenge but it's the position I grew up playing and other than last season I've always played centre. I know I'll have to be a little more defensive sound to get better from last season where I put up decent point totals."