Alex's Maybe Weekly Update

Alex

Hi everyone, I decided to take a week off of VSN with playoffs being right around the corner. For those of you who have been following the power rankings, I’ll include a abbreviated version at the end. Going to just be reviewing my players seasons so far today and maybe talking a bit about Davos.

Skor McFleury

Starting off with my previous player that is still in the VHL, they’ve had a bit of a down season compared to previous ones as they currently have 13 goals and 79 points so far this season, largely in part due to a absolutely abysmal shooting percentage. They currently sit 5th in defensemen points, but any chance at an award or all-VHL team nomination is slim to none. With that being said they have still had a very successful career with 6 individual awards, and 1 Victory and Continental Cup! Milestone wise, this season was a big one as they did get their 700th point and notably are now Top 5 in all-time defensemen points, and in an article by Advantage, he pointed out that McFleury is the 2nd player ever and 1st since S28 to have 700+ points, 1000+ shots blocked, and 1000+ hits. So, all in all it’s been a successful career and one that I can be really proud of. I guess following the playoffs I get to wait and see if they get in the Hall of Fame, and then shortly after where they’ll fall on the Top 100 players list, if VSN makes one in season 100!

Deadpanda

In stark contrast to McFleury, Deadpanda has had a extremely successful season, as they currently lead the VHLM in SV% (0.925), GAA (1.74), wins (48), and are 2nd in shutouts with 9! Currently Vegas is 1st in the league, but with 3 games left only need 1 point to clinch the spot. I’m not going to say much about awards, because if I do Simon will make my player let in 6 goals in all the remaining games, but there’s certainly hope for both top goalie and even maybe MVP honours.

HC Davos Dynamo

Davos is currently just wrapping up our most successful season since we won the S91 Victory Cup, as the rebuild is over! We’ve just cliched the 4th spot in the European Conference and are currently 6th in the league! This season’s success has really been a team effort, as both lines have been clicking lately. In particular though Grimgor Ironhide, Antonia Bucatini, and the teams captain David Jokinen stand out all producing at well above a point per game pace! It’s also worth noting that both Felicia Hardy, and Aleksanteri Kaskiniemi-Kekkonen have had great rookie seasons and are near the top of the league in rookie scoring and save percentage respectively. We’ve certainly got some hope going into the playoffs, as we do feel like there’s a chance, we could beat anyone, however we will have to get past the Warsaw Predators in the first round, who despite some regular season struggles are a very strong team on paper. Should be interesting to watch to say the least.

Current VHL Power Rankings:

North American Conference:

1. Vancouver Wolves

2. Toronto Legion

3. Chicago Phoenix

4. Seattle Bears

5. Calgary Wranglers

6. New York Americans

7. Los Angeles Stars

8. D.C. Dragons

European Conference

1. Moscow Menace