Eagles plays worse

Greg_Di

Roger Eagles had an 8 game break as Los Angeles backup got a few starts in. This break along with continued practice and improvements should have helped Rodger return to the ice recharged and the thought was, to play better in the last few games of the season.

The exact opposite has happened and Roger seems to be playing worse. In the last 2 games he posted under a .900 save percentage in each of those games. This setback has further pushed him from the Rookie of the year race and will lead to a lower then expected stat finish.

"Sometimes that's just the way things go, few bad bounces here and there and next thing you know you have let in 4 or 5 goals in a game. That's just the life of a goalie "Roger said "These types of games just motivate me to get better, I did not meet any of my season goals but it's all a big learning experience. It will drive me to return better for next season"

The Los Angeles Stars have two games left to go in the season and while they will not be in the playoffs they will still try to finish off the season by getting the final 2 wins.

"We want to win the final 2 games and head into the off-season and next season with a couple of wins. We will fight hard and not just show up because we have to play the final 2 games " Roger continued "Many of you media guys have also asked me if I regret my decision coming to the VHL early instead of waiting an extra season and having a better chance at the rookie of the year, and I will give you my final answer here. That answer is No. If I had the chance to do it again I would take the same action. Playing up in the VHL early is an invaluable experience which will make me a stronger player heading into the future. No trophy is worth that experience"

Currently with 2 games left to go Roger is sitting at a 18-37-6 record, .913 save % and a 3.34 GAA. The only stat that Roger was leading in at this point of the season was penalty minutes with 12 which did not help the team out in any way, shape or form.

"I honestly don't know how I even managed 12 minutes, there has to be some sort of error there. " Roger said " I will definitely be looking at reducing those minutes next season, I honestly have to review the tapes and see what I was even called for as I just don't remember" 

With the season slowly starting to wind down, Roger will not be taking any rest as he aims to fly out back to Poland as soon as the season ends to continue training at the Eagles hi-tech training academy. The fans and even Roger himself expect to see a better showing from him next season. Things can only improve heading forward for the young up and coming goalie.