Rave Sets Career Highs in S95

tcookie

In his fourth VHL season, Phillip Rave had his most successful campaign in the league, rebounding from his tough season in S94. Rave's S95 saw him score a career-high 45 goals and 89 points, with 477 shots on goal - leading the Nighthawks in both goals and shots as part of the league's second-best offense (266 goals for) and second-ranked team overall (50-17-5, 105 points).

"It felt better out there this season, for sure," says Rave. "I think I have a little more to give, didn't play quite as well as I would have liked in the last week or so of the season. But it was a good season overall and obviously the team's in a good spot. We've been here before and we just need to make sure it's different this time."

The Nighthawks are set to take on the Riga Reign in a playoff series and will undoubtedly need to bring their A-game. They're carrying a history of playoff disappointment into a series against a very good opponent, who finished third in the league and just a point behind Malmo. The Nighthawks' quest for playoff redemption starts tomorrow.