Eagles in Wroclaw for the summer

Greg_Di

Roger Eagles made the long 12 hour flight from Los Angeles to Wroclaw in order to continue his training at the Eagles development and training center. Roger's goal is to not take any break in the off-season and continue with his training and development in order to improve on his rookie season.

He was not happy with his stats in his first real test in the big leagues. He posted a .912 save percentage and a 3.37 goals against average. Roger being a perfectionist knew this was not good enough even though he is still a very young player on a young up and comming LA team.

" Most people will say those are pretty average stats for a rookie but for me it's not good enough. I am not just an average goalie and I will always strive to be the best" Roger said "This is why I have decided to not take any time off and come home to train in our families facility. I have to improve and get better. If my stats next season are anywhere close to what I put up this year, then I will be very dissapointed"

Roger knows that if LA is to take the next step in its pursuit to return to the playoffs and challenge for the cup, that he needs to be alot better. His main focus for his off-season training is going to be his reaction time and hand speed.

"I know my reaction time and hand speed is already pretty good but I need to be the best. I need to ensure that heading into next season I have fully worked on these aspects and need to ensure that I limit the amount of goals that get by me "Roger continued "Last season my hand speed was too slow and half way through the season the other teams figured that out. Next season it will be a whole new game as I intend to ensure my hand speed is a lot quicker and that I react a lot quicker. Teams won't know what hit them"

Skating and Agility will also be something Roger will look at training this off-season. While not as fully important as his main focus, it was also a noted downside in his game. Roger was never agile enough last season to make some critical stops and his training team have pin pointed a training schedule to improve his agility. They have also hired a world renown skating coach to help improve his side to side skating as well as to quicken his backwards skating.

"It's a lot of hard work but I know it will be worth it in the end" Roger said "I have the best training staff available to me and training in one of the best facilities in the world. I can only get better and I am looking forward to showing the fans next season how much I have improved. I know these improvements will help us get a lot more wins next season"