What a Ride

Steve

Riga has proven to be a great playoff team. After a competitive series with the powerhouse Davos, we were headed to the finals. I'm not going to underplay the Davos series, they were a tough team to play against. Hat's off to that team, they played us hard.

Toronto was our opponent in the finals. The second season in a row for Gunner going against them for the cup when he was on Moscow. They were a powerhouse last season as well. It turned out to be a cliffhanger to say the least. We were up 3 games to 1, and it went to game 7 to get the last win. Yes, it was a nail biter. I think Toronto changed their lines a bit and we made a small adjustment. The rest is history. Riga wins a cup. I hear the last one they won was in season 72, so a long drought. It was good to see the team come together and cheer everyone onto victory.

Gunner also extended his stay with Riga for the rest of his career if possible. At least he is under contract for that to happen.

So back to back cups for Gunner on two different teams against the same opponent. Amazing how things work out.

Word count: 213