Eagles arrives for optional training camp

Greg_Di

After training in the off-season back at home in Poland, Roger Eagles today made the flight back to LA to join the team for the start of their optional off-season training. Official training camp does not start for another few weeks but Roger always enjoys coming back early for the optional training.

"It's great to be back here, and getting in some drills with some of the guys, still shaking off some of the jet lag as I landed this morning but its worth it for me to be here" Roger said " Building that chemistry early will help us this season as we look to get back into the playoffs"

There was a few faces new and old and the optional training as the team looks to shake off some off-season rust and start getting ready to get back into game shape. The team ran some basic drills and have a few 3v3 scrimmages. Everyone seemed to be rested and recovered from the off-season and in good spirits.

On his return to the locker room after the optional training he got an update that the team made a trade. Pombo was moved to Moscow for a season 97 first. At first it was a bit of a shock that a top 5 round pick who played very well in their rookie season would be moved but management reached out to the team to explain why the trade was made.

" It's unfortunate as Pombo was great for us last season and we definitely were looking forward to having Pombo back for another season, I do appreciate the management speaking with us though and letting us know what the situation was." Roger continued "but sometimes that's hockey and I believe its always better to get something in return then lose something for free and that could have been a potential case next season. Wish them the best but I will definitely be trying extra hard against Moscow and especially anytime Pombo has the puck"

Its a slight setback for the rebuilding team but Roger is still excited for the season to come. Roger was adamant at the end of last season that the team will be fighting for a playoff spot and he was saying the same words today.

"One player doesn't make the team and we still have a fantastic group of players that want to be here and fight for this team" He said "We will see what the off-season brings in terms of any new players and we will continue down this rebuilding road. My goal for this team is still to make the playoffs this upcoming season, it will definitely be a challenging road but I have faith in the management and our team-mates to deliver a playoff season for our fans. They deserve it." 

Management and fans are expecting a lot more from the goaltender in his sophomore season and by the sounds of it Roger is expecting the same. Look for him to put in a stellar season and hopefully guide LA to the playoffs.