The Journey of Grog Strongjaw pt 2

Grog, in a new area, sees a stick on the ground near his feet and picks it up and looks at the people playing hockey on the ice. “They all are using this stick” he thinks, “My weapon didn’t transfer over to this realm, I will need something to defend myself just in case this goes wrong.”

A skater notices this massive giant and stops what he is doing and skates up to where grog is standing. “Hey, are you lost?”

“I think I am, I was with pike and boom, Now I am cold.”

“Well, My names Ricer, I help manage hockey teams and have an extremely good reputation in winning in the VHL, and looking at you, your size, I could use your talent.”

“Nice to meet you rice man, My name is Grog. Do you make rice too? I am kinda hungry.”

“Not exactly, but step on the ice big guy, let’s see what kind of skills you have.”

Grog shrugs and steps on the ice and immediately due to his strength, weight, and muscles, he breaks the ice and sinks in. 

“Oh this not good.” Grog says.

“I think I know the issue, Your strength and boots, are very heavy, here, try this on.” Ricer replies.

Ricer hands Grog a massive pair of ice skates.

“You want me to kill the people here with these blades?”

“NO!!! These go on your feet like your boots, but the blades help you glide on the ice without putting so much weight in one area.”

“I miss pickey already, okay, I don’t trust you or know you but I will put these on.”

Grog puts on the skates and falls, another bigger hole builds. But Grog gets up and starts to skate slowly around and it seems like, although slow, he is slowly getting the hang of it.

“Look at meeeeee!!!!!!  I go Weeeeeee”.  Grog said gliding with the biggest smile on his giant face. 

Without realizing that he doesn’t know how to stop, he crashes into the boards and completely destroys it making a grog size hole of destruction.

“Whoops, I think I may need some practice.” Grog

Ricer helps grog up and says, “I could use you in the junior showcase if you are willing. It’s a team called the Yukon Rush. I don’t expect you to be good, because it takes a lot pf practice, but I could use your size and strength.”

Grog stands up from his crash and looks sad

“What’s wrong grog?”

“I just, I miss my friends already.”

“Don’t worry, We are your new friends and I am sure your other friends will find you soon enough!”

Ricer shows grog a black disc thing and grog looks very confused.

“The stick in your hand, it’s called a hockey stick. You see how we move this black thing called a puck around with it, in hockey you cant use your hands or legs. Well, mostly. This stick is how you move the puck, pass the puck to your team mates and shoot.”

“II don’t think this weak stick can shoot. Percy isn’t here and it doesn’t look like it can hold bullets.”

“No.. not… ugh…”. Ricer puts his head down shaking his head, “Grog, in hockey, shooting is what we call when we take the stick, and hit the puck with it to score. Watch me.”

Ricer takes the puck and uses his hockey stick to dangle the puck and skates closer to the goalie. He takes a shot and its blocked.

“This is called shooting. Now you try.”

Grog takes his stick and slowly moves towards the goalie with the puck. He picks up speed and realizes, again, he can’t stop well. Grog tries to shoot the puck but misses and crashes right into the goalie and the hockey net and chaos ensues.

We see the goalie and Grog on the ground looking hurt.

“I can tell this will take some time for you to learn.” Ricer says.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Special Thanks to @Ricer13 for being the first person to welcome me into the league and putting me on the Rush.