Ahsoka's First VHL Interview

Aimee

This is Ahsoka Tano’s first NHL interview and it was done after her first day of games played. Helsinki went 0-2-1 and Tano came out with 5 points over her first 3 games.

Press: Ahsoka, your entry into the VHL was highly publicized due to your success in the European league. Do you think you’re ready to take on the VHL?

Ahsoka: Well, I don’t think I have much of a choice anymore given that the VHLE went belly-up but I do think that, as a rookie, I stand a pretty good chance of having a good first year.

Press: How did it feel to get that first goal?

Ahsoka: Felt great; better than I expected. Coach handed me the puck after the game and I’m going to treasure it for sure. It was good to get the first one out of the way so quickly.

Press: Your 5 points in 3 games already has you climbing a bunch of leaderboards. Do you think you’ll be able to match what you did last season?

Ahsoka: It would be nice but I’m not entirely sure that it’s possible. I have a lot to learn about playing in the VHL and I am surrounded by hardcore veterans. So, we’ll see how I fair. But I won’t be disappointed if I struggle to top the leaderboards. 

Press: Do you think losing Sam and Triller as General Manager and Assistant General Manager had an effect on the play of the team?

Ahsoka: Not sure, to be honest. They were part of the reason I was excited about being drafted by Helsinki. So yea, it’s a bummer not to have them still around but they pulled together a good team and I think McLovin has a lot of potential to be a great General Manager in his own right. I think we just need to shake the dust off from the offseason and get to work.

Press: Have you had any recent problems with people thinking you being a Jedi is something to be worried about?

Ahsoka: Nope, can’t say that anyone has for a while. That kind of talk seems to have dialed down, and I think that’s because people are seeing that I actually do play the game, and I do work my ass off in order to be as good as I am. I’m sure there are still some skeptics out there but as long as they don’t bother me personally, I don’t mind at the end of the day.

Press: Last season you managed a 101-point season. Do you think you’ll be able to pull it off again?

Ahsoka: Well, with 5 points in 3 games, so far, the math is in my favor. But I guess we’ll see. We have a lot of hockey to play and who knows what will happen over the next 69 (heh) games.

Press: Your penalty minutes have also yet to show up. Have you been able to keep that under control?

Ahsoka: I know my fighting spirit came out in the ProAm like when I was in the M but I think when I’m with the right players, I can prove I’m not some goon.

531 words for week ending 10/20/2024

47 minutes ago, Aimee said:

This is Ahsoka Tano’s first NHL interview

ah yes helsinki of the nhl

Jokes aside, great read and happy to see a media spot from you (and all those points from Ahsoka)!