Claimed:Harumpf Lonely in Helsinki [Final 6/6]

Harumpf

Lonely Times After Helsinki Cleans House

241469347e00a7b34921d98e858eb81c.jpeg

Oskars Harumpf shell shocked to learn many of his friends were traded.

Well Oskars Harumpf got back from his off-season vacation in Middelfart Denmark to find that Helsinki cleaned house and he is one of only a few veteran players left on the team. The great players he looked up to in his first 2 seasons as a pro are now gone. Jake Wylde, James Faraday and Jackson Miller have all been traded along with rookie Patrick Demko. Harumpf had no idea any of this was coming and in fact he was really looking forward to finally getting to center Faraday and Miller on the top line, but now things have changed and Harumpf will have to roll with it. The trade of Jake Wylde was possibly the hardest for Harumpf to deal with as Wylde is the reason Harumpf wanted to play for Helsinki and the two are good friends. I'm sure Harumpf will be fine, but it's never fun to see a good friend traded. That being said, Harumpf leadership on the team will be needed now more than ever and he must remain focused and be a good role model for all the young players the Titans will have coming in over the next couple seasons. They got a ton of high picks back in those trades, so the future is looking bright.

The silver lining here is that Tyson Stokes, Don Draper and Mike Statkowski jr were not traded, so Harumpf at least still has some familiar faces on the team, but then again we have no idea if Helsinki has more trades up their sleeve or not. Looking at the roster it's hard to imagine Helsinki being able to send out 2 lines of forwards and 2 pairs of defenseman. Obviously everyone will get a ton of icetime this year as the team is now in full rebuild mode. Harumpf is fine with that, he definitely was hoping to win a championship in the next couple seasons, but now it looks like he will have to wait on that for at least 2 seasons, probably more. Ultimately he understands this is a business and management is doing what they feel is best for the future of the organization.

Harumpf is now here to say a few words to his former teammates,

Jake Wylde: Thanks for drafting me to Helsinki and helping me get started in the league, it was a lot of fun to be on a team with you and in the locker room. You are an amazing player and definitely have left your mark on the Helsinki Titans franchise. I wish we could have played longer together and won a cup or two with the Titans, but I wish you the best of luck on the next chapter of your career.

James Faraday: We got to play together a little bit last season and had good chemistry, I think we could have been great together this year and beyond, I will miss setting you up for goals. You've been a great teammate and thanks for all the fun you provided in the locker room and I hope I made a lasting impression on you with some of my own locker room antics. Best of luck on your new team.

Jackson Miller: We never got to play on a line together, but I had high hopes for us this season and think we would have been great together. You've been an awesome teammate as well and thanks for helping me out when I was getting started. I wish you good luck in the future.

Patrick Demko: I was excited for your player to come up this year and be a Titan, you have a lot of potential and I know you'll do great on your new team. Keep working hard and best of luck.

Harumpf now looks to season 43 with a different mind set than he had just 1 week ago, but he remains positive and focused on trying to help Helsinki win as many games as possible this season. He knows he'll be looked to as a leader and leaned on heavily to provide offense. His short legs will be carrying the load this season and if anyone is built to do that, it's 5'5" 250 pound Oskars Harumpf.

[500+ Words]

Edited by Harumpf