Kurri Thinking Long-Term In New York [Final 6/6]

lcn-New-York.jpg

The Season 44 regular season is underway and Niklas Kurri is starting to get acclimated with his surroundings in New York. Kurri had only visited New York briefly when he was a child. The Finnish native was so young at that time that he says he hardly remembers it. Kurri visited The United States' largest city when his uncle Jari was playing for The National Hockey Leagues, New York Rangers.

"Yeah, They tell me that I visited out here when I was just a child"

Says The Americans center,

"Honestly I don't know if I remember it.. I remember traveling to city's with huge building's to watch Jari play, but Yeah, I don't know if I remember New York.It's an incredible city that I've visited a few time's while with The Seattle Bears and Quebec City Meute. I really like the lifestyle around here and I look forward to spending a lot of time here. I signed a contract for 3 seasons so I intend on staying in New York for a long time. I'm looking to purchase I condo or something with a nice view of the skyline."

New-York-Skyline.png

It was an interesting decision for Kurri to leave the Quebec City Meute. Kurri had just played a key role, for a team that had played an excellent regular season and been upset by the eventual Continental Cup champions. Quebec City had even entrusted Kurri with the role of playing with the teams star player's, Aksel Thomassen and Bruno Wolf. Kurri also led the Meute in ice time while shorthanded and received a fair amount of powerplay time as well.

"Yeah, The opportunity Quebec City gave me was wonderful. I had no problem with the ice-time that the team gave me. I still have at least a few seasons left in the tank and I feel that I'm improving as a player. The talent that New York has acquired over the past few seasons gives them a chance to be successful for multiple seasons. Quebec City has an excellent team but it looks like their window will be closing soon. Bruno Wolf, Jack Wylde, Aksel Thomassen, These are some of the best players in the league, but they may be nearing the end of their careers.

Here in New York we have young players such as E'Twaun Delicious, Nicolas Caprivi, Edwin Reencarnacion, Golden Jedtsson, Benjamin Dupont, Jorma Ruutu even a player like Alexander Davidson who hasn't even cracked the roster yet.. These players are going to be the stars of The VHL's future. I think the teams management has placed the organization in a great position to win multiple Continental Cup's. I look forward to being a part of the next group of players to put our names on that trophy here in New York. "

Time will tell if Kurri has made the right decision for his future. The potential for great things in the future is there.

Edited by nikkurri17

Content: 3/3 - Nice little media on your players new spot. You picked a good spot.Good luck this season!

Grammar: 2/2 - The issues were in the quotes which makes them irrelevant.

Appearance: 1/1 - Nice

Overall: 6/6