Clardy not applying for Moscow GM job [Final 6/6]

aaronhandshake0007.jpg

Michael Clardy shakes hands with Wranglers GM Austin Gow after one season in the VHLM with the Moscow Red Wolves

CALGARY, AB - The position has been reopened. Ever since Michael Clardy declared for the VHLM just 2 seasons ago, the head general manager job for the Red Square's own Moscow Red Wolves has been in flux. Starting with Alex Kachur, stringing along to other GMs, Clardy was only under 1 GM with other assistants dropping from the cold tundra team and moving forward. Clardy did the same on the ice, playing for his Calgary Wranglers as a true rookie and playing now for a Continental Cup, but there was a small chance that the former alum of the Red Wolves would reapply for the front office job.

Having played an integral part of team operations his rookie year, Clardy wasn't the best on the ice and abandoned the front office job halfway through the season to focus on other pursuits. Now, with a cup on the horizon, Clardy is looking to keep in the VHL and keep his playing career first in his mind. "There's no hard feelings between me and the club," stated Clardy in a post-game interview after the #ClargaryWingates took a 3-2 lead in the championship series. "I respect what they've done with my development and with new players, but I'm focused on one thing: the VHL."

1297448851133_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&si

Rift Pajodcast looks up as Clardy skates away from a tough Game 4 hit

Clardy hasn't been explosive coming out as a true freshman to the big pro league, only recording 39 points in 72 games, barely over 0.5 points per game, but the Houston defender has led the Wranglers in shots blocked as a true defender with 113 during the regular season and through the first 2 playoff rounds has matched that production with 27 blocks in the first 15 games and 7 in the 5 games played most recently. The nickname #Clargary is still in full swing as the Wranglers have been nothing but successful with the 1st round selection on the roster. Clardy might even finish the season in time to start new classes at the University of Houston to complete a B.S. in Chemistry, bringing the work mentality and drive seen on the ice to the classroom and the Houston athletics program.

qGMTCuq.jpg

Clardy can be seen in the hat with the white bill at this Houston Cougar event.

"People say it's fun watching games alongside a true athlete," says Clardy, who will be going back for the fall semester after the playoffs. "Not many people in the south have any real concept of a hockey player, so spreading the hockey name to the Cougars is a great experience for a place that calls football king." Of course, Clardy has a bias and has gotten some traction with #Clargary down in H-Town, but the good people of the 4th largest city in the nation now have a hockey representative inside the city limits and not sitting at a desk in the frozen North that is Moscow. "I wouldn't trade my college experience for anything, and my GM has been very supportive of my pursuit to go to college and learn and enjoy while working as a hockey player. I thank Calgary and Houston for supporting me."

Content: 3/3 - I like how you posted it after they announced the GM :P. Nice to see you having success with your player in Calgary. I've heard that the GM is a pretty good GM ;).

Grammar: 2/2- I didn't catch anything.

Appearance: /1 - It's nice.

Overall: 6/6