Claimed:Pavel Ovechkin arrives to VHL [Reviewed]

Pavel_Ovechkin

Ovechkin's childhood was shaped by modesty. Not long after his birth, he moved with his family to the outskirts of Moscow, making a home in a tall high-rise building that was surrounded by a crumbling neighborhood. To escape his surroundings and strict public school, Ovechkin turned to hockey, pouring everything he had into the sport. Spurred to escape a Russian life, that was consuming his friends—many having become addicted to drugs—Ovechkin dreamed of playing in the VHL. In his bedroom, he carefully stashed away the cards of many players Considered a hockey phenom in his native country, Ovechkin soon earned the praise of VHL scouts. As his game took off, his confidence soared. At the  Under-18 World Tournament of Championships in Slovakia, the young forward led the tournament with 14 goals in just eight games.

Like most hockey players, Ovechkin found his love for the game at a very young age.  He was two years old when he first picked up a hockey stick and whenever he saw a game on television he would drop what he was doing and not allow his parents to change the channel.  At 8 year’s old, Pavels older brother Nikloi would introduce him to organized hockey and Pavel would enroll in hockey school.  At one point, his parents were no longer able to get Pavel to hockey so Nikoli stepped in and made sure that he could get his little brother wherever he needed to go.  He was one of the first to notice the talent in Pavel,  and he wanted to be sure he was able to use it.

Ovechkin began his professional hockey career at the age of 14 for Russian hockey power CSKA.  By the time he was 18, he won the Russian Superleague (“RSL”) award for the best left-wing in the league for the season and was the youngest player ever to score a goal per game for his CSKA team.   Many believe the RSL is the second best league in the world to the VHL.

Ovechkin officially arrived on the international hockey stage when he was selected to play for Russia at the World Hockey Tournament of Championships, scoring a tournament leading 6 goals to help Russia capture gold.  It was this performance that turned a lot of heads in the VHL. 

I started playing hockey late and it was unclear until the very last moment if I was talented or not. But it turned out well.

The VHLer says he has a high metabolism:

I can eat anything. After practice I can stop at McDonald’s. I don’t have a problem with gaining weight, thank god.

Ovechkin doesn’t care about what kind of beer he drinks. Just give it to him:

Beer is the same everywhere. After three glasses, you can’t understand if it was good or bad.

Looks like the beginning of a good Player Bio. It's pretty well written as well. Only thing I noticed was in the 2nd paragraph, 8 year's old should just be 8 years old, Pavels brother should be Pavel's brother. Also, use quoted for the last part. It jumps from 3rd person to first person and seems strange until you read on and see it's quotes from him. Overall, nicely done.