wave of players set to join VHLM

scoop

In just a few days time, the VHLM GMs will have some work to do as the trade deadline will bring with it a wave of players declaring for the S53 draft. While there may be a carryover recreate or two, most of these players will be 30 TPE "second" players, meaning they will get to choose where they sign.

I don't expect my Yukon Rush to be a very attractive destination for any of these players. A playoff-bound team, the Rush are tied for the second-worst record in the VHLM. Even if players could perhaps put up better stats with the Rush (who have the second-most goals in the VHLM despite having no noteworthy players), the allure of better stats will not be very much in play. It will be just a fraction of the season that these players will spend with the teams they choose, so it will mostly be an attempt at an easy Founder's Cup relying on other heavy-hitters before they have to make an effort.

As someone who is going to be creating a second player of his own, even I might not sign with the Rush. If I have an opportunity to play for a good team, I'll take it for sure. I don't have anyone active on the Rush who I care about seeing succeed, so I'm not inclined to make a grand effort. That being said, perhaps if I were able to bring in some of the other soon-to-be players, then I might go to Yukon myself. As I will be making a goalie, my options may be limited. Looking around the league, it seems that I could be an upgrade at goalie for the following teams: Yukon, Ottawa, and Bern.

Bern would be the ideal destination, but considering the fact that I won't have a whole lot of time to develop before the playoffs, if I even am an upgrade over Jacob Warboy, it would not be enough of an upgrade that they'd prefer to have me over other players.