Streaking Watchmen Hit Slump, Power Inconsistent

Devise

The Watchmen, whom last we heard were one of the VHLM's hottest teams have hit a very inconvenient late season slump as of late. The team is on a five game losing streak coming off of their 9 game winning streak, and a stretch where they had won 18 of 20. Noticeable among the majority of the losses has been the inconsistent play of potential star goaltender M.T. Power. During the losing streak the goalie has only managed to post better than a .900 save percentage on one occasion, and was even pulled in a game after giving up 4 goals on 21 shots in the first two periods. All this comes despite extra time and effort at the practice rink and with Watchmen and American goalie coaches. Power himself remains laser focused on trying to right the ship, and get back to his A game. When asked for comment Watchmen general manager @hedgehog337 responded in a panic saying

"We need to right the ship, the playoffs are heading here and we know we can get more out of Power and more out of our offense. We've been out of sync but I got to say I've talked a lot of shit at the overrated Saskatoon Wild and their supposed cake walk to a Championship. We have a championship team here, but I'm probably just being paranoid during a stretch like this. As my coaches like to say, your not as good as you think you are when your streaking hot and your not as bad as you are when your streaking bad. It's just a matter of building momentum for us now." 

Power has refused to speak to media until before the playoffs, and has stated that he will not engage with any media until after the playoff series. The Watchmen appear to be happy with the goalies intensity and approach to the game, but now it's a matter of seeing that translated onto the ice. Looking to Saskatoon and past a solid European conference during the playoffs could cost a team, and the Watchmen have to be ready for war the moment the playoffs begin.