Claimed:KJA's First Step

d3vilsfire

KJA’s First Step

Screen_Shot_2014_01_04_at_10_36_18_AM.pn

Sitting around the dinner table, it seemed like a normal evening for the Azhishchenkov family. Mikhail Azhishchenkov was home with the family, resting up from an injury he suffered in one of his recent games, and Maria Azhishchenkov was given some time off to be with family. The only Azhishchenkov who was slightly abnormal was youngest Azhishchenkov: Konstantin. The eager teenager was constantly checking his phone to see if there was any news from the VHLM pertaining to him.

"I was very anxious," said Konstantin. "I was constantly checking VHL twitter, and the VHLM website to see if there was any news about me."

At 6:28, that January evening, Konstantin’s prayers were answered, when the Azhishchenkov's phone rang. Mrs. Azhishchenkov answered it. It was Jim Gow, General Manager of the Ottawa Lynx.

"I was expecting a call from my mother," said Mrs. Azhishchenkov. "But the man on the other side introduced himself as Mr. Jim Gow of the Ottawa Lynx. I was quite surprised!"

Mr. Gow had an offer on the table. Since Ottawa was rebuilding, Mr. Gow knew that his team was not an ideal location for rising talent, however he was willing to offer Konstantin first line minutes and a security of a home.

"After winning the cup last season, and moving the majority of my team for draft picks, I knew that there was nothing in this season for me," stated Mr. Gow. "But I liked Konstantin, so I wanted to extend him an offer."

Realizing that he was being given an opportunity to take his first steps to becoming a VHLer, Konstantin quickly accepted his offer, and asked for Mr. Gow to go ahead and place the waiver claim.

"I was so excited," stated an exuberant Konstantin. "My wait to get started is now over, and I can now begin to focus on helping Ottawa do well this season and help myself grow."

At 6:28 the next day, Konstantin was made an official Ottawa Lynx.

"I am officially a VHLM-er," said Konstantin. "Now that that is off my shoulders, I am really looking forward to practice with my new team, and eventually my first game!"

Konstantin met with Mr. Gow at the Ottawa Lynx practice facility a day later, and was officially inducted as a member of the Ottawa Lynx, donning a Lynx jersey with his name and number (93) on it.

Konstantin was not the only player to get claimed recently. Young leftwing prospect Marcus Bjorkstand had two claim offers, but Yukon won as they had a higher waiver priority. Also, goalie Kimmo Salo generated a large buzz and had multiple claim offers, however Oslo reigned supreme and captured the goaltending prospect.

When asked about the two other prospects that were claimed around the same time as him, Konstantin expressed his excitement and happiness.

"I am so glad that more players with the same dreams as I were able to take their first step today," said Konstantin. "I look forward to playing against them this season, and I hope that they have great careers, wherever that takes them!"

With finding a VHLM team checked off of Konstantin Azhishchenkov's list, it will be interesting to see the next step the young, aspiring hockey player takes. 

KJA.jpg

Content: 3/3 - Detailing KJA's path to the VHLM. Needless to say, your work ethic has been very impressive and I'm looking forward to see where you end up in the draft. I see your stock rising very fast. Let's hope we both land on the same team next season!

Grammar: 2/2 - Didn't find anything. Good work.

Appearance: 1/1 - Once again I like the little baseball card of info for your player.

Overall: 6/6

Final: 6/6