"I'm the best."

evrydayimbyfuglien

Bratislava Watchmen forward, Daryl Dortch declares himself “the best” in the VHLM.

The 6’7”, 266 lb left wing for the Watchmen has recently been quoted as saying he’s the best player in the VHLM right now.

“All those other guys are either one-dimensional or playing a lot more minutes than me. I think my 22 points and 100 hits can speak for themselves.”

Presumably referring to Franchise Cornerstone and Xander Finn who are currently tied for first place in points right now. Cornerstone having just 30 hits while taking 117 compared to Dortch’s 100 hits with only 36 hits taken. Finn on the other hand is playing four more minutes per game while contributing 74 hits and taking 53.

“I pride myself on being able to get it done on both ends of the ice as a winger. Finn is supposed to be playing defense so he’s expected to be good in his own end. Cornerstone is just your run of the mill sniper who can score and not much else. There’s already a few of those guys in the VHLM right now. I bring something else to the table with my physical presence.”

All of this talk could be out of frustration with his team’s lack of consistency. Xander Finn plays for the Oslo Storm who are currently sitting atop the VHLM standings in their newly structured single conference while the Watchmen are only one point ahead of Franchise Cornerstone’s Ottawa Lynx who are riding a three-game winning streak.