Claimed: Pavel and Fabio

jRuutu

Off-season moving on smoothly, all the teams working hard to get ready to start the whole thing again. Quebec is no different, we have been sweating our assess off in the practice, but I know it will be worth it during the season. Our team has changed quite drastically during the off-season. Quite few new faces have joined and at the same time, Cole and Doughty were traded to Cologne. Trades and drafts are part of the game though, so I´m excited to see what we can do during the regular season.  

One of the new faces in Quebec is Pavel Komarov. He came from Davos about a week ago. I´m a defender who had to play with a bot last year, so having a talented defender out there next to me is only going to be a good thing. We are quite similar players in the end, both like to play physically, block shots and be annoying as possible on the ice. Komarov is maybe bit more defensive than I am, but that is only a good thing. 

The Russian and Finnish connection is going to something special to watch, Pavel can speak some words in Finnish, swear words at least, so I think we will get a long just fine and cause a lot of problems to the forwards who are thinking about violating our net. To help him get more familiar with the city, I decided to take him out for a dinner. We went into a Russian restaurant! I did not know they had one in Quebec if I´m totally honest, but you learn something every day.

When we got in there, some annoying lady was sitting on our table, took a pic of her and tried to get her leave, but she refused, so we just went and found a new table.

firebird-russian-restaurant.jpg

Food was amazing. If you ever have a chance to eat in a Russian restaurant, go for it! Or you can of course make some at home. Komarov ate something with rice, not sure what it was, but he liked it, gave me thumbs up.

348s.jpg

Naturally since I cant speak or read Russian, I had to ask for help from Pavel, he ordered this for me: 

traktir-+chicken+entree+full+view.jpg

Potatoes and some kind of meat, I think. Tasted nice though, cant complain. I felt bit hungry still and decided to order a dessert, Pavel was full, so he did not want anything, but once again I asked help from him. He decided to order something from the new menu, I knew there was a new menu because Komarov said ´New menu´ with a smile after he told the waitress what I will be eating for dessert. 

This is what I got:

was-in-a-russian-restaurant-in-brighton-

Interesting setup, but banana and ice cream? I´ll eat it!  Overall the evening was fun, we got a chance to bond little bit with Komarov and like I said, food was great. Quite interesting that the restaurant did not have the menu translated to English, I mean, we are in Quebec after all. Also we had to change tables like three times, but no need to worry though, it´s fun to sometimes do things bit differently!