Claimed: Daring Do Ready To Join Saskatoon Wild

Eggy216

1b2f860ee96986e62681cffd5935b1ee.png

The VHLM's newest player, Daring Do, announced today her intentions to join the Saskatoon Wild this season. While she hasn't played a game of hockey in her life, she believes her experiences as an adventurer in the jungles of Equestria will come in handy. "I've got everything I need from my time kicking the flanks of Dr. Caballeron and his stupid henchponies. The speed I've used to get through the jungle will come in handy as I look to show off my speed on the ice surface. The strength I needed to get through the temples and fight off everyone who tried to destroy the cultures I sought to preserve will prove useful when I look to lay out my opponents whenever they try to step out of line. This time next season, everyone's going to know the name "Daring Do," and they'll be afraid to face me down on the ice."

Daring Do also sought to dispel rumours that she wouldn't be able to keep up in a "human's game" such as hockey. "If there's anything I've shown throughout my career as an archaeologist, it's that a pony can do anything a human can and more. Anyone trying to say otherwise is just scared that they won't be able to keep up with my on the ice and doesn't want to get outshone by someone half their size."

There have also been arguments that being a pegasus gives her an unfair advantage since her wings would allow her to literally fly past the competition with ease, but Daring Do says that shouldn't be a problem. "Look, if you guys want me to play with both my wings down I can do it. That's not going to be an issue for me - I'll still show everyone up without a problem."

So what does Daring Do think she can bring to the table for Saskatoon this season? "First of all, they're getting someone who's going to light up opposing goaltenders like crazy. I've been working hard on improving my shot all summer, and I plan to start out by making contributions as best I can on the scoresheet, as well as playing a good defensive game and using my body to stop every chance my opponents get. With me, Saskatoon should expect nothing but the best. I'm going to be giving it my "A" game from the first moment I step on the ice for them, and even if it takes some time for me to get used to trying to skate instead of fly, nothing's going to stop me from being the best I can possibly be."

As of press time, the equipment managers for the Saskatoon Wild were scrambling to do the impossible and find a set of four skates that would fit on Daring Do's hooves.