Claimed: Daring Do Scores Game Winner Over Las Vegas Aces

Eggy216

636280181962376757-USP-NHL--Stanley-Cup-Playoffs-Toronto-Maple-Leafs.jpg

Saskatoon celebrates their first win of the season against Las Vegas Aces

Sitting in second place in the league right now, the Saskatoon Wild are left with many a reason to smile. For Daring Do, that smile is perhaps even bigger as she became one of only three players in the league to be able to say they scored a game winning goal against the Las Vegas Aces this season. And she couldn't be happier. Talking to reporters after the game she was all smiles. "It's been tough this season, playing against Las Vegas. They're a tough team there's no denying that, they've done a great job building the organization. And when it comes to tough arenas to play in, Vegas is definitely #1. I've scored five goals this season, and honestly the boos from this crowd when I buried that goal tonight beat even the cheers from our home crowd. As nice as it is to win for the fans at home, there's something almost more special about beating a team like Vegas in their own building.

This felt especially good since we started out a little slow, going down 2-0 and everything, so being able to come back like we did to pull off not only the upset but the comeback is really just such an exciting experience. We really wanted to win this game as you guys could see from our performance on the ice. So much support from our fans back home, and a few fans who made the trip out here - I'm glad we were able to do this for them. I managed to get off 8 shots in that game, so I'm glad I was able to finish one of them - and a powerplay goal at that. Really the best way to make your opponent's pay is when you're able to shut down the home crowd with a win because they took a dumb penalty late in the third. Carlo set me up perfectly on the wing and I was just able to bury it from the right side wall. We've been working hard on that in practice for the last week, so getting it to happen in a game is just an amazing feeling. Hopefully we can keep building on this win and start to push our way from #2 in the league up into that #1 position."

Looking forward, Daring Do believes Saskatoon has quite a bit to build off of. "It's not everyday you get the chance to win a game as important as this one, and our spirits couldn't be higher. Beating Vegas was a goal of ours since I signed with the team. We really wanted to be their first loss of the year, but unfortunately the Lynx beat us to that. But taking this win when we did sets us up for a great future. The rest of the VHLM had better watch out, because there's a new sheriff in town - and his name is "Sasksatoon."