Claimed:Linholm Adjusting to life in VHLM

RandomHero

One of the most difficult things that a new player faces when they make the jump from Junior hockey to the pros is getting used to the new, more demanding schedule. Having to deal with the constant media as well as the travels can be difficult for any player to get used to. It can often take a new player months to get used too and can be especially tougher for players coming from Sweden and other European countries. Jakob Linholm has been dealing with these challenges for the past few weeks and as expected, his play has suffered as he gets accustomed to the VHLM.

HJxsJ1v.png

Since leaving Sweden to join the Bern Royals, Linholm has had to deal with the media as well as the travelling schedule and this has caused his VHLM career to get off to a slow start. He has yet to get a point in the VHLM and has been trying to earn more and more ice time on a royals team that is filled with talented players.

"Yeah it's been difficult getting used to everything. While playing in Sweden I never really had to do a lot of travelling and the coach tried to keep us away from the media so that we could just focus on getting better as players. It's been tough but I have been working on getting used to it and hopefully I can start helping out my team."

Of course, Jakob isn't blaming his current slump on the travelling conditions.

"Every player goes through a rough patch and that's what I believe I am going through. My play has just not been up to the standard I set for myself and I just have to improve. There are a lot of great players on this team and it has been tough to get ice-time but I have been practicing hard and hopefully the coaching staff notices and gives me the opportunities I need to play and help improve while getting ready for the next VHL draft."

While the start of his career has been slow, Jakob has a history of proving critics wrong. When he first began playing Junior Hockey for his team he was considered to be no more than a third liner. Thanks to his work ethic and motivation he was able to become one of the elite scorers in the Sweden Junior Hockey League.

The road to the VHL is tough and Jakob is just beginning on his journey. Getting used to the constant media attention and travelling is just one of the many challenges he will face as he strives to become one of the greatest Swedish hockey players to play the game. For most of his career he has been criticized and every time he has proven them wrong. History shows that Jakob will eventually break out of his slump and begin scoring but Royals fans, and himself, are hoping that it is sooner rather than later.

tumblr_muiggrF9LQ1qg1jjzo1_500.png

Content: 3/3 - While your start with the Royals may have been slow, once you start accumulating those practice hours, your stats should increase pretty dramatically. It may not be the most fun to be putting up points right away, but if you stick with it, the points will come. Good luck the rest of the year!

Grammar: 2/2 - Not bad.

used too = used to

royals team = Royals team

Appearance: 1/1 - Solid.

Overall: 6/6

FINAL: 6/6