Claimed: CLAIMED: Garnering the Interest: Meet Emil Martinov

Guest daBenchwarmer

Guest daBenchwarmer

VHLM Reporter

Who's Getting Martinov?

Image result for czech defence prospect

Martinov during his time with the National U18 Czech Republic Team in the Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament

Welcome, to the Martinov Sweepstakes.

The undrafted VHLM defenseman hails from the Czech Republic's hockey leagues but is the first Bulgarian national to have even received VHLM consideration. Despite his limited and lacklustre performance in the Czech Republic's top leagues, Martinov has shown flashes of brilliance in the U20 Czech Republic League, most recently showing off his offensive upside by potting 6 goals and recording 23 points. All signs have pointed to Martinov now emerging as a late season addition in order to propel the battling VHLM teams into title contention. Whether if it is his ability to play defence or his uncanny skating ability, Martinov has been rumoured to have multiple suitors to close out the remaining season.

For those who are not familiar with Emil Martinov, the Bulgarian-born defenseman stands at 6'2" and 205 pounds. While his heavy physique makes him the prototypical defensive defenseman, it's Martinov's skating that allows him to separate himself from the rest of the pack. His skating's fairly elegant and skillful, able to make brisk and quick cuts in the ice in order to stay up with the play.

"It's all about precision." Martinov told reporters about his training routine. "I need to be able to hit my stride not one second before otherwise I'm too far ahead of the play, and not one second too late otherwise I'm too far behind the play. It's about timing and physical strategy. If you're not an intelligent defender, then what are you? Not a good one."

Martinov's ability to play defence along with his skillset has garnered interest from all five VHLM teams. It is reported that the Yukon Rush :yuk:has offered a contract to Martinov although the details were not publicly announced. While no rumours about other teams signing Martinov have surfaced, it has been confirmed that preliminary talks have commenced between Martinov and the rest of the VHLM teams.

"They're very kind people." Martinov explained his preliminary talks with the VHLM teams in an interview today. "I am very excited to be coming to the VHLM, it's a cornerstone in my development as a player and I hope to be able to go further in my career in both the VHLM and hopefully into the VHL."

Whether if it is Martinov's skillset or grit that has attracted these suitors, the one thing is clear and that is he is definitely coming to the VHLM. The only questions are where will he go, and where he will slot in on the team that he signs with? Those questions can be answered as soon as tomorrow or Saturday when Martinov is expected to make his announcement.

Edited by Guest

Guest daBenchwarmer
20 hours ago, punkhippie said:

Keep up the great work @daBenchwarmer and you'll be a covered pick for both the S55 VHLM Dispersal Draft and the S56 VHL Entry Draft.

14 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

I like this guy.

Kind words gents, appreciate it <3