With all the hype around Las Vegas, Stockholm is having an even better season in the VHL

scoop

Of course, the VHL has twice the number of teams, and with only four of them being competitive, it's easy for a top team like Stockholm to win as much as they do. Having lost just six games this season (two OT losses), the Vikings are having one of the best seasons in VHL history. Going into S54, there was hype around the Las Vegas Aces in the VHLM, with talk of a potential undefeated season. They haven't done quite that well, but their 59-8-2 record has them a solid 49 points ahead of the second-place Saskatoon Wild.

You could say that the Aces are still the more dominant team, given that vast difference between them and second place, and I suppose I think I'd agree with that. Still, the Vikings are having an incredible season, with 264 goals scored and just 96 allowed. Currently on a 24-game winning streak, Stockholm has wrapped up the Victory Cup, and hopes to carry this success into the playoffs. The franchise is hungry for a championship, having not won since S26. That's a record 27-season Cup drought that may be coming to an end soon.

for Maxwell