Claimed: Rumours and Controversey Marr Team World.

Baozi

Controversy at Team World

www.VHLHockeyNews.com

87342955b593f5f0a7fd9a7e44abf206.jpg?itok=iIqLnR4a

"The girl."

What would the sports world without a bit of drama? Recently VHLN here has been following closely on the situation with team world amid the unfolding events with the team selection. At the latest press conference, GM Rudi Ying announced that he and Conrad Jennings were to replace original picks Takashi Fujimoto and Krigars. But what else has been happening here?

Well first off, there has been much back room talk about Fook Yu, being such an early pick due his player agency being collaborators with Rudi Ying's agency in prior joint activities. Fook Yu, while showing promise as a strong defensive presence in his rookie season in the VHL had been having a subpar performance in the playoffs thus far and even to the point where in the Helsinki versus Quebec finals, he was noted to have been benched for most of game 4. We did ask him about his thoughts and he responded,

“Well the coach has to do what he thinks is needed to win. If he hasn't thought that I've played well enough then it just means I have to do even better. There's no use really griping about it. We just have to go about our business, train and get ready for the next game.”

The defensive centerman had a hot start going a point per game in the early parts of the season alongside rookie of the year candidate and his former junior partner John Locke, but since being split apart, has not fared quite so well offensively. Defensively, he settled into his role quite well through the year, finishing 4th in hits with 322 and 7th in faceoffs with 57% with over 2400 draws.

So while one could argue he made the team based on his defensive tool set, others have definitely criticized his lack of offensive production as being a major hold back for him being part of the Team World roster.

Originally Takashi Fujimoto was slotted into the team as well but supposedly a soured relationship between himself the GM has occurred and he withdrew from the team. While it isn't often that VHLM members make the team, many thought that Fujimoto was a player that was mature enough to handle the rigors of the VHL. Fujimoto finished 4th in scoring in the VHLM with 50 goals and 101 point on the Las Vegas squad. An anonymous insider spoke to us on him being removed from the roster,

“Don't quote me on this but the GM and Fujimoto had something of a falling out of his planned usage for the team and the fact that he was putting the moves on his girl friend at a team meet. There was an initial party you see when we all met together and there were periods of it where we didn't see the girl for awhile and she disappeared off to god knows. But I mean Asians...yeah they can get upset over these things so I think it was a contributing factor.”

Dada_Chan_5.jpg

"Howmany asians have E-cups?"

These two events themselves certainly do put the spotlight on Team World going into the tournament. How many other things are going on, we'll have to take a look but certainly Team World could be looking to make headlines one way or another.

dada%20chan-27.jpg

"Dem asians."