Deja Vu

Kendrick

It appears it's Deja Vu in Cologne again. Seven seasons ago the Cologne Express drafted Tyson Kohler and thought they had a player for the future. However some management ineptitude made Kohler leave for greener pastures in Calgary. Kohler spent two season in Calgary before winding up with his current squad in Stockholm. Kohler's agent Joey Kendrick viewed the Cologne mess as a very unfortunate one and the fact Kohler wanted out spoke volumes on how Cologne was being run at the time. Kendrick is the agent for Markus King as well, who was drafted one season ago by the Calgary Wranglers and promptly shipped to Cologne a short time later. The Express thought they had their goaltender of the future. Well today the current management was dismissed (so should the Calgary management) and replaced with a brand new person at the helm. Kendrick has been in the league for a long time and before the draft he stated concerns with certain franchises and their direction. King has now stated he will not be in Cologne when his rookie contract is up and is prepared to go to where some stability is in place.

"I was concerned with some of the franchises directions and what their General Managers views on rosters were. It turns out my concerns were a good thing because I can never be sure about what's going on in each franchise. I don't think I owe anything to Cologne to stay here because they didn't draft me and they took a flyer on trading for me. I will look at my options", said King.