Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard

jRuutu

The long wait is now officially over, regular season has started and battle for playoff spots getting more intense round after round. Some wise guy once said that losses early in the season will cost you at the end, so important to be ready and focused right away. I have noticed something alarming in myself lately though, I feel like I´m not 100% there all the time, why is that?

I had a good off-season where I managed to practice without any injuries and of course rest, but I feel like something is missing. I have tried various hobbies over the years to get my mind off hockey, but for whatever reason, it´s still hockey 24/7.  Gotta have other things than hockey in your life, so that got me thinking, I have always been a fan of music, as I´m writing this, I´m listening to music, so perhaps music could be it? 

Could I maybe even make my own music? Personally I like all kinds of music, but ever since my VHLM days in Saskatoon, country music has been close to my heart. Those who are unaware,  country music is huge in Saskatoon.

I got some money to spend, but no talent at all. I cant write lyrics, play anything, dance or sing, so odds are against me fairly heavily.  Idea of my own songs sounds pretty good still, so I think that is what I´m going to do in the near future when I have some free time.