Claimed: Don´t Fear The Fabio (1/2)

jRuutu

image.jpeg

After the recent boxing match between Mayweather and McGregor, I decided that it´s time for me to try and do something similar and truly challenge myself. I have so far played hockey for most of my life, sure I have played football and basketball etc here and there, but those are just for fun. Never went against someone else in a individual sport,  never had the experience to truly fight and battle to see who is the winner between two human beings, like Mayweather and McGregor did. There is fighting in hockey of course, but it´s not the same.

Since I´m a Finnish man, it´s only natural that I pick a sport that Finnish people enjoy a lot, easier to market the potential match and of course get people to actually watch it, so I thought, what sport is better than Javelin throw? It´s huge in Finland, when it comes down to track and field sports, Javelin throw is the main one where we as a nation can expect to do well in if there is European or World Championship games going on.

javelin-throw-silhouette-kids-premium-t-

I chose my opponent, he will be Tero Pitkämäki. Bit similar scenario as with Mayweather and McGregor, older champion vs talented challenger. I sent Tero a message in Facebook and challenged him to manly one vs one, he was not really up for it, but after I called him a chicken and offered 30 000 Euros, he said yes!

Winner is the one who has the longest throw with five tries, we both agreed that it´s the best if we do this next summer, not 100% sure what the actual date is at the moment, but late in June 2018 was Pitkämäki´s proposal, I liked his proposal, gives me a change to get some rest after long season and hopefully long playoffs, but also I got plenty of time to work on my technique. They say Javelin throw is all about technique, even if you got all the power in the world, you are not going to throw too far if the technique is not there, so with bit of luck, I can find someone from the Javelin throwing community to teach me thing or two!

300px-Tero_Pitk%C3%A4m%C3%A4ki_2015.jpg

We got great traditions in the sport, many great athletes have brought glory to Finland in Javelin throw, now I can be the one who pees on top of everything, can a total beginner like myself beat one of the best Finnish Javelin throwers in the history? We will see in roughly 9-10 months from now.

Before I get too into this, I should probably ask permission from the people in Quebec Meute? They might get really anal about it if I break my shoulder three weeks before training camp is supposed to start. Then again, I have a feeling they will say no and there goes my big winnings. I reckon I could make shit loads of money if I bet on myself and I win Tero, we are looking at 1,15 odds for Tero winning and at least 25 for me, the skill difference is absolutely massive, but cant win anything if you don´t bet anything.

Stay tuned for more news about the Javelin throwing competition between me and Pitkämäki, should hear more about it during next few weeks.