McAllister Excited by Bears Trades

CowboyinAmerica

Image result for seattle post intelligencer

Seattle (AP) -- Draft night was a busy one for the Seattle Bears, as the team took a firm step forward towards competing sooner rather than later. Out went two first round picks, including the fourth overall pick in this most recent draft that many were excited about. In their place, in came two young, but more developed forwards: Fook Yu from the recent champion Meute, and Peter Quill from the Dynamo.

With the two moves, Seattle completely remakes its forward corps. As it currently stands, Yu will likely be the centerpiece of the first line, with Gabriel McAllister and either Mattias Forsberg or Quill on the wings. Whichever of those two isn't on the first line will be the centerpiece of the second line, alongside Xavier Laflamme and a forward that the team will look to pick up later.

For McAllister, the moves are exactly what he wanted to see, with the Bears taking a step forward towards contention. "I'm willing to be patient, but let's be clear: It's more fun to win. And I think these moves help us take a major step forward towards that goal," McAllister said. "I'm ecstatic that Yu and Quill have joined the team, and I'm all in on going for it all this year. You never know, stranger things have happened..."