Good and Bad for McAllister

CowboyinAmerica

Image result for seattle post-intelligencer

Seattle (AP) -- Gabriel McAllister's second season in the VHL was a bit of a roller coaster. On the bright side, the Seattle Bears left winger established himself as a legitimate offensive force, finishing with 48 goals and 47 assists - that goal figure placed him a tie for eighth league-wide, while his 93 points were fourth among natural left wingers. He led the Bears, the league's sixth-best team, in both goals and points as well.

The Bears, however, could not make the playoffs despite a winning record, finishing 10 points behind Calgary for the final North American playoff spot. That means that two seasons into his VHL career, McAllister still hasn't tasted the playoffs. And for a guy that won in the VHLM title in S55 and made the championship series in S54, the lack of competitive playoff play is bugging him.

"Of course I wanted to lead the team to the playoffs. Isn't that what everyone wants?" McAllister asked reporters in a season-ending press conference. "This past season, I simply wanted to take a step forward in my gameplay. In this third season, though, I have a distinct goal: Making the playoffs next year."

With another season under their belt, and with Quebec rebuilding, the Bears will be favored to get there. But in order to do, it will take hard work from all parties in the franchise - perhaps Gabriel McAllister first and foremost.