Rauno sits down

jRuutu

171030101514-oslo-innovation-week-780x43

Good evening, my name is Fabio Jokinen and you are listening to Radio Energy - the traveling sports show. Today we are in Oslo, Norway where I´m trying to get some time away from my wife, but also to talk with the people of Oslo about hockey. Since I´m a former hockey player myself, what better way to start this trip than talk with an upcoming hockey player who is going through the same road than I did years ago, from Finland to VHLM and from there getting drafted into VHL. It´s of course Rauno Palo from Oslo Storm! Welcome man, how are you?

RP: Thanks for having me, doing fine. Just left the practice and came almost straight away to here.

FJ: Nice, nice. Before we start talking about hockey, liking it here in Oslo? Landed into Norway this morning and we have been here in Oslo only for couple hours, but looks like a lovely city?

RP: I have, at first it was bit of a shock to use English everywhere, but quickly got used to it and the city itself is really great. Not too small and not too big, can find everything you need here and on top of that the people are friendly.

FJ: Good to hear, I remember when I first came over to VHLM, got drafted by Saskatoon - totally different place than Oslo. Saw reindeers and wolfs running around close to the practice arena, was wild place.

RP: I´m sure, visited Saskatoon couple times with Storm already and the people you see in the stands look like something from viking movies. Really loud as well, which no doubt give Saskatoon a small advantage when playing at home, but from three away games so far - Oslo has won two, so we have been on top.

FJ: Right on, speaking of Storm, how has the start to season gone?

RP: Been alright I´d say, second in the standings, but gone bit up and down - won game or two and then lose one, basically need to find a way to keep the good flow going for bit longer and string together more wins, but that will come once we get even more familiar with each other, after all - only so many games that we have played together with this roster.

FJ: What about the upcoming draft after the season, I read an interesting rookie profile about you, it said that you as a person are bit of a joker who has trouble taking anything seriously, what is your take on that?

RP: I don´t know who wrote that, but I would not put too much weight on that, It´s true that I don´t stress too much, but to say I´m not able to take anything seriously? Terrible journalism.

FJ:  Been professional with me here today and showed on time, so no idea where those comments in the rookie profile come from. Before we have to go, as a thank you for chatting with me today, do you have any questions for me - been around for some time, so could give some tips or opinions on whatever you have on your mind?

RP: Why are you a radio host these days, I though you made shit loads of money as a player? Did you spend it all already, retired - what, two seasons ago?

FJ: My apologies to Rauno Palo, we have ran out of time. Thank you for coming in today and thank you to everybody who listened us, now weather and then Rubberband Man by Detroit Spinners.