Like to give, not to take

jRuutu

I have been hit 284 times in 70 games, that is a disgusting number even if I play on big role. Lately I have been thinking about hitting and should I start to hit bit more as well? I don´t really enjoy it too much when some of these monsters come at me on full speed - kinda hurts, but what if I start to build a reputation towards being powerful player who is not afraid to hit - will they leave me alone?

Tough question, getting hit a lot means that it´s only matter of time before something happens and I get injured, but if I start to hit more - same thing really. Going to be pretty beaten up at the end of my career, years of physical style is going to catch up to you.

So far I have personally thrown 91 hits, which is not so bad and no injuries either. Another important thing to consider - what happens to my gentleman like reputation? I´m hoping to be one of the cleanest players on the ice, 23 penalty minutes in 70 games speaks volumes on what kind of player I am really -  I´m basically like a saint on skates. I reckon I leave the hitting game alone for a while and focus on something else, maybe take fighting lessons instead? Could defend my teammates if they get run over by a dirty hitter, throw couple nice jabs, drop the guy and sit in the box for five minutes - nice guy moment.