Champions!

Fire Tortorella

Wooo Season 61 Continental Cup champions! As I said in my last fan590 / vhl.com article, I thought game 7 was going to be a coin flip. In the end, we won, and that's all that matters. The situation with Calgary's roster and Boner is unfortunate, but especially with GMs getting capped TPE for this position, is something that should have been spotted in the semi-finals, let alone the beginning of the finals. This is my 6th Continental Cup, and I've now won at least one with all of my players except for Bernie, who was a scrub. Anyone who knows me at all knows I'd rather win a cup than win an individual award, so I am kind of proud of how many cups I've won, especially since there are some members here who've had better players than me without as many cups. 

Who knows what the future lays in Davos and for Jeff. I'm currently under contract for one more season, and am hitting depreciation for the first time. I don't think I've ever had a player go the full 8 seasons, and Jeff most likely won't be the first. I'm not interested in fighting off the toughest part of depreciation given I don't usually earn to the cap and missed over a season of updating. I don't think Davos is having cap trouble this season, but if they are, I may be one of the more likely pieces to be traded, given I'm no longer on a rookie deal and there are (most likely) recent draft picks who could take my spot. I'd love to stay in Davos, but if I'm moved, I'd understand why.