McAllister's First Sponsor's Shield to Be His Last

CowboyinAmerica

cL09VAR.png&key=d99c3e87450b2806a8bf0b71

Seattle -- Seattle Bears forward Gabriel McAllister still has 18 regular season games and a (he hopes, long) playoff run left in his VHL career. The end of Seattle's playoffs, though, won't be the last time McAllister steps on the ice in organized competition. That's because, following the playoffs is the Sponsor's Shield tournament, and VHL management have informed McAllister he is eligible to play before he hangs up the skates one final time.

McAllister will be featured on the team assembled by Ubuyalot Games, the team behind video game VHL '62 and other titles. The first line of Ubuyalot's squad is stacked, featuring Calgary's Jasper Canmore and Riga's Edwin Preencarnacion alongside McAllister, and the Seattle forward is hoping that a burst in first line scoring can help propel the team to victory.

"It's always fun playing alongside guys that I've been on the opposite side of for years," McAllister said. "With Canmore particularly, I've played so many darn games against Calgary in my career, it will be fun to swap stories with him in the locker room. I hope that the three of us have some chemistry; it would be fun going out to retirement with a trophy in the very first iteration of the tourney. I already have a VHL, VHLM and World Cup title - why not add this one as well?"