Wilinsky looking to keep up winning ways at Sponsors Shield tournament

oilmandan

Fresh off another successful World Junior tournament, where he was named to the tournament all star team,  Dan Wilinsky arrived for camp at the secret True North Hockey facility raring to go and help battle the other brand teams in this new series.

Wilinsky played a major role for Canada's gold medal victory, leading the team in assists and points, but he will serve more of a secondary position in the Sponsors Shield. With a full line of VHL stars in front of him, Dan will look to contribute physically and defensively just as much as offensively.

When asked about his thoughts on his busy season and True Norths chances, Dan replied. “ I just love playing hockey, so I really dont get tired of it at all. Winning gold with Canada was a huge thrill, but now my focus is here with my new teammates. Just about all of these guys I've never played with before, so itll take a bit of time to get that chemistry. I think we gave a really good group of guys here and I really don't see why we cant be right in the thick of things”