Another Chance

SlapshotWrangler

RIGA — The Dragon, or Ryuu Crimson, impresses yet again with his first ever Playoff Goal in the Victory Hockey League. In Game 4 of the Quebec City Meute vs Riga Reign series, he scored his first ever Playoff Goal in this league, as well as two more. That's right, he didn't just score his first Playoff Goal that game, he scored his first hat trick in the Victory Hockey League! He had nothing less of an amazing performance that game, helping the Reign win 3-2 in Overtime. Wait, the Reign only had 3 goals, which means, that's right, he scored all three! Those three goals were enough to help him get First Star of the Game, as well as Riga's Ryan Kastelic being the Second. "Yeah, that was a fun game. Of course, people congratulated me, but I really think it was a team effort. Without my teammates making amazing offensive plays, I would have never gotten even one goal."

Ryuu is 1st in Rookie Scoring these playoffs with 9 points and has drastically improved since the start of the season. Those 3 goals were enough to beat his last season's goal count in the Minors of 2 goals. That year, they made it to the Finals but got swept by the Ottawa Lynx. Now, Ryuu has another chance to win a championship with the Reign, this time in the Big Leagues. "That season with the 21st was a good season but this time, I wanna win the championship. I need to work twice as hard and help my team. That hat trick was really awesome and it showed me what I am capable of."

Ryuu isn't the only player from Halifax's rookie run to the Final. Also looking for their first championships, defensemen Dylan Nguyen, Ryan Kastelic, and Shawn Glade. Someone else from Riga was in the very same Final, Kallis is that person. He was the netminder for the Founders Cup Winning Team, the Ottawa Lynx.

The Reign and the Wranglers are in the Finals, and Riga has already won a game. We asked him about his thoughts about it. "Yeah, it's great. I'm glad we got here but now I want to win this one. I hope to score more goals and to be an even better player than I am right now."

As of writing this, I just realized that there was another occasion that the young Left Winger was so close yet so far. During the S62 World Junior Championships, Ryuu and a loaded Team Asia flew in and surprised everyone by actually making the Gold Medal round against the Canadian team. Canada ended up winning by one goal. One goal. It was a very exhilarating match between the two teams. As usual, Dylan Nguyen was by his side during this, as well as the Titan Goalie Alexander Pepper. Alexander, Dylan, and Ryuu have some history together.

"I met him in Vegas. Dylan introduced me to him before the......controversy. He was the one who bailed us out so we owe him big time."

Anyways, this time you'll win it Ryuu, we can feel it!