Strummer heads to the Yukon then Germany

Strummer

It has been an eventful few weeks for Lars Strummer.  This time last week he getting used to the idea that there was a second person in Saskatoon with him, not ideal but better then the previous year.  However now he is a member of a much more active team in the Yukon and has been drafted by a team his agent has never dealt with in Cologne.

"It has been fun, or at least a lot more fun then the past year has been.  Playing in Saskatoon was a huge drag, at points I didn't want to come to the rink.  I can see that playing in the Yukon I will have a great chance to play with some great guys, and improve my game."

With the VHL draft happening yesturday, Strummer was able to breathe a sigh of relief in knowing that he was going to a team committed to the long term with a strong vision.

"I won't lie, in talking to my agent I was expecting that somehow I would end up in Riga (his agent has had every player he has represented play there at some point).  I was shocked at falling to ten, and seeing some of the guys that were picked ahead of me though.  Its water under the bridge and time for me to show up a few guys and prove some people wrong.  I do get to go to Cologne however, I like the guys there.  It seems like a fresh group and I am excited to get a few preseason games in before heading back to North America."