Pat Svoboda Gets Assist Against Former Team

StamkosFan

Traded very recently from the Quebec City Meute after being the fifth overall pick and a season mired in controversy, Svoboda arrived at the rink to appear in his second match up with Davos against his former team. This was only two games ago, and the 5-1 defeat certainly stings, but Svoboda made sure to pitch in on Davos lone goal, registering a power play assist in the third, only his third assist of the season. Svoboda was not just the secondary assist, not a luck factor for merely touching the puck, but the primary assist on Piotr Jerwa's goal. The Swedish rookie right winger showed quick decision making with a fake shot, only to tap it cross ice to Jerwa, who hammered it home into the gaping net. Tristian Iseult never stood a chance against such a deceptive move, and Svoboda embraced his teammates with a proud grin on his face.

"I am a shoot-first player, but I'm not as one-dimensional as everyone thinks. I have every tool that a team could need, and I'm constantly working on all areas of my game. It's always good to get a point of any kind, but primary assists show that I'm not just a goal scorer," said Pat Svoboda.