My history with Quebec and Cologne

hedgehog337

1369847707_4085_memory-1.jpg?itok=aZRKeJ

*memory*

This is yet another similar idea for the extra PT. Expecially for the older members who were part of either Cologne or Quebec. Or even both. And I'm among them. No, I'm not an old member and not a veteran either. It's hard to imagine a S41 member being a veteran here. Mid schoold at best. But I was a part of one of expansion teams so I guess I could type 500 more words about my experience with the last two expansion teams.

1. Benjamin Zeptenbegrs was a part of Cologne for the second half of S46. Quebec couldn't tank properly becuse some of players were scoring too much for that. Zep was one of them. So he was traded to Cologne who was still in fight for the third EU playoff spot. It didn't end very well. Cologne missed the playoffs and Benjamin slowed down in Germany. That season still was the best in terms if points, but the end result was wack. So you can tell that my memory about this team isn't the best.

2. Almost all of my players were a part of Quebec. If we are not counting Centis and Gaidis, all of my players. Zeptenbergs was playing in QUE in S45-46. He had the career season in that team and it could've been even better without that trade to another expansion team (see the first fact). The second one was in S53 when Krīgars was drafted by Frank used his 11th OV to take the future HoF player. Fred never played for them though. Then it was Guntis Petenis' turn. I traded him from Riga to the Meute before S55. He spent for the one and half seasons before being put in the waiver cause he was too old and perhaps worse than Abbott. I wasn't happy by that situation and to be honest, I'm still kinda salty about that. Especially when QUE managed to take a win in that season against a team that took a chance in Guntis in the same season via trade (Davos Dynamo). The last player was Randoms. He was taken 24th OV by Beaviss, but like Fred he never played a single game for them. Guess in which team he was traded. Right, in Davos. Looks like this player found a good home and maybe he could become a big thing in the future.

3. Punkhippie. The next to last Cologne GM. A lot of members are considering him as one of the worst GM of all time. But that's not really the reason why I did include him here. The thing is his player Rudy Ying was drafted by Riga back in the S55 draft and I believe that helped me a lot with that King trade. I do think having him in my team made him to talk me about the trades before doing the same to other GM's. That probably was the last time I had a relatively close relationship with an expansion team.

This was a way shorter article than previous one. As you can see I don't have much of a memory about these two teams. Can't be surprised considering that I only joined the league in S41 and these two teams were added ten seasons before that.

That's it and I'm out.

12 TPE goes to Randoms

Edited by hedgehog337