Mark Gebauer interview

Sova

Mark Gebauers offseason has so far been enjoying his offseason by using the by Calgary provided practice facilities. Mark has been seen trying to work on multiple aspects on his game and this is something that proves is a great work ethic that has gotten him so far. We have interviewed Mark and asked him about his thoughts on the league and his team and whatever else he had to say. "Mark your season has come to an early end what is your opinion on not being part of the playoffs?"  "Well it doesn't feel good for sure but what can you do besides going back and trying to become a better player and a better team which is a long process but a process that is worth it. I think this might take a couple of seasons but at some point, we will be able to make the playoffs we have a great core and a great team but well you never know." "You just mentioned your team what do you think about Calgary?" "I think we are a great team that has a bright future but we will have to patient but I rather win as soon as possible of course but what can you do? We have a great goalie that is developing quickly and we have some great veterans." "Is there a player that you would like to see on your team and if yes why?" "That is a hard question there are many great players in this league but in the end i would have to go with Elias Dahlberg since we have often been compared in the past and i would enjoy developing with him and in the best way also playing on a line with him and I think we would make a great duo in the near future but I doubt something like this is going to happen any time soon but maybe one day." "Do you have any advice for this year's draftees?" "As a new player myself, I can just tell them to enjoy their time in the league and be humble as there are many players that are way better than you and you should be aware of that. You will not be as good as in the VHLM but you will improve way quicker as you will be around great player that can teach you a lot and as a last piece of advice, play for Calgary and Saskatoon." "One last question what do you want to work on the most?" "Quite contradictory I will work on my defence since it has helped me imrpove my scoring by a mile and therefore i think it might be more important to me thant i thought in the beginning." "Thanks for your time and the advice that will for sure help many young players even though they might need to consider your bias, good luck in the coming season and with your offseason practice"