Harju, Lynx look forward to Regular Season

Teztify

Harju, Lynx look forward to Regular Season

OTTAWA, ON - After a short pre-season, the Ottawa Lynx and young Finnish centre Eeli Harju have their eyes set on opening night, when they’ll face the Las Vegas Aces at home.

It’s difficult to take much from as short a sample size as a two-game pre-season, but early signs have been promising. While the Lynx fell short in their opener – losing 3-1 to the Minnesota Storm – they responded admirably in their second contest, in which they routed Saskatoon Wild by a score of 6-2.

It was in that second game that Harju truly looked at home on the roster, and on North American ice. The Finnish pivot scored his first goal in a Lynx uniform – though it won’t count as an official one. He also recorded three total shots along with three hits. Additionally, Harju was dominant in the face-off circle, winning 62.5% of his draws.

“That’s an area of my game I’ve been working on,” said Harju. “Winning face-offs and just responsible two-way play overall has been a big focus area of mine. I know how important that is on the smaller ice surface.”