Catching up with Maximilian

Kirby

The Houston Bulls are on a tear right now and part of the problem for opposing teams is controlling Swedish maestro Maximilian Kirbsson. It’s been a week or so since we caught up to him so here he is talking about his teams recent upturn in performances:

”It feels good now that we are winning again. We are finding holes in the oppositions defenses and we are starting to exploit teams.

Its nice to have crept into the top points leaderboard for the VHLM but honestly it’s largely irrelevant to me. I’d happily be at the bottom end if it meant my team is winning.

I think going forward it’s about winning more games and keeping steady. We are doing great things right now and I think it’s part to do with the coaching, part the locker room atmosphere, but also the fans man. The fans are what make us get out there and smash game after game.

Thank you Houston. We will provide for you. I promise!

I had a young kid come up to me after one of the games this week and he said he’s been a fan since he could even remember. It did make me laugh, I didn’t wanna break it to him that we are a new franchise team. He seemed so happy. So I signed his hat, gave him a glove, and went on my way. It’s that sort of stuff, the connection we already have with this great city, that makes it all so real.”