One goal Wolves

jRuutu

Vancouver Wolves are currently going through a wicked losing streak, from the last ten games the team has won only one. What makes it really interesting is that from those ten games, eight have been one goal losses! How is that possible? Rauno Palo shared his thoughts after the 3-1 loss to Riga Reign earlier today:

I don´t know to be honest, we have shown we can play well against everybody, but when the game is over - we are on the losing end and the other team has scored only one goal more than we have, that is crazy and something I have personally never experienced in my career. It´s one thing to lose, but to lose like this where you are in the games and just lose by one goal, it´s tough you know. I´m not shooting wide on purpose, nobody in the team is, but for whatever reason the shots just don´t go in. Is it a luck thing? I don´t know, what I do know is that we need to get out of this streak and quik.

Palo is right, Vancouver can´t keep losing close games like they have lately, Vancouver is currently sitting in the 6th place in the standings, two points behind a playoff spot, so even when there is still plenty of games left, the trend of losing by one goal is alarming signal when going forward, we will see what happens in the next couple sims, those will once again tell bit more about the direction where Vancouver is heading.