It was all Seattle's Fault

Dangles13

It has been a while since we caught up with former top prospect Valeri Morozov but we were able to track down the enigmatic winger for a few words. The former 2nd round pick of the Seattle Bears looked to have a promising start to his career before he went completely dark. It wasn't like he fell off the face of the Earth but it was just complete radio silence on his end, not unlike you see with a lot of retired players. 

Our editor was able to get a response out of Bear's head office and they got us in contact with the young Russian. We got a very candid interview with him and some of the topics are likely more suited for mature audiences but it was an all-around good interview. 

Seattle Sports Network: Hello, Mr. Morozov, how are you?
Valeri Morozov: I am well, thank you for having me.
SSN: We appreciate you giving us your time, where would you like to start?
VM: I guess we should start at the beginning. This is all the Seattle Bear's management fault.
SSN: Wow, can you elaborate on that?
VM: You can't give a young player that much money on a signing bonus. I didn't know how much fun life could be when you're a millionaire. I had girls hanging off of me, guys hanging around looking for residual kills and the attention of pretty much anyone in the same room as me. I was a rockstar and suddenly hockey didn't seem so important. 
SSN: I couldn't imagine the temptations that come with that kind of dough. What changed for you?
VM: A few bad investments and taking care of my family is leaving me kind of short on bread. I realize that I have to double down and put in work if I wish to make it big time. The young and bouncy women will not stay around forever if I don't plan for my future and I would like to not die alone.
SSN: Dying alone definitely sounds like option b or c. Is it safe to say you're back and going to be a big part of the Bears for the foreseeable future?
VM: I sure hope so. I know I did some damage with my behavior but I would like to show my teammates that I can be a serious player who is capable of helping this franchise get back to the playoffs and win a championship. Management has been good and let me know they are in my corner through this rocky period.
SSN: Thank you for your time Valeri, we wish you nothing but the best going forward.
VM: Da, thanks.

We were happy to hear from the promising young power forward and if you want to see the whole interview keep your eyes peeled on SSN tonight at 8. Valeri was most candid and offered insight into the pressures of being a young rich athlete and how he failed to handle them as best he hoped. Morozov is back on track to be a top player if he can get back to that work ethic that made him a highly sought after player out of junior. The Bears sure hope he can get to that next level.