My Random VHL Thoughts - S66 - Part 7

• Helsinki ended up defeating us (Davos) in 5 games I think. Not really unexpected, but I was hopeful that we'd put up a little bit more of a fight. Helsink ended up sweeping Vancouver in the finals (congrats Helsinki) and had the most points in the regular season, so no one can doubt that they were the best team this season. I do wonder how many times the Victory Cup winner has won the Continental Cup.
  • Lots of roster moves this off-season. Starting in Davos, as of now, it doesn't seem like we'll have a stronger roster than we did last season, but there's still plenty of time left in the off-season to make some moves. Hopefully we can make it happen, but we do have a roster full of young players and very old players...not many inbetween.
  • Tons of trades made in the European Conference, and the bottom two teams (Malmo and Moscow) definitely got better. At this point, it doesn't really seem like we'll have a true trash can team this season. Maybe Seattle...I haven't taken a look at their roster, but they may still be the worst team in the league this season. 
  • Next expansion team to be discussed this season in the Board of Governors? Maybe!