Lance Flowers: All Assists, No Goals

Image result for no goal

Yukon -- The good news: Lance Flowers is top ten in defenseman scoring, with an even 20 points in 20 games. The rest of the news could be a good or bad thing, depending on how you're looking at it: Every single one of those points is an assist, and Flowers has exactly zero goals to his name thus far this season.

How exactly has this happened? For certain, Flowers has not trained his shot a single ounce since coming to the VHLM, while he's trained prodigiously as a passer. The Rush also have high-powered forwards like Eller and Plunkett to take care of the scoring. Still, one would figure that the second overall pick would luck into at least one goal in 20 games, especially considering he had two in 25 games last year for Halifax, but no dice.

"I'm not particularly worried about it, I'll get a deflection or something one day," Flowers said. "What's more important to me is setting up my teammates, and since I'm sixth overall in assists, I think I'm doing a damn good job of that."

Local bettors have started to place odds on when he'll score his first goal - the smart money seems to be somewhere between games 31 and 40. The odds of him not scoring at all? That would be a 50-1 bet, not great odds considering his projected ice time.