Ben Storm on his experience with the Australian Nationa Junior Ice Hockey Team

BigBallerFromDownUnder

I remember we started with a friendly game against New Zealand because they are nice and close. I had just come off a dominant season playing on my state squad. But I knew that talent wasn’t the kind I was supposed to be playing with, that’s what made me so excited to play against New Zealand I would finally be able to test myself against top tier competition.

The team flew over in our new Australian uniforms and the team was very confident with heaps of player making the jump to the VHLM the team was very confident in their chances. Unfortunately, was a little immature I had a major disagreement with the coach about the rules on no night life, like I said I was immature.

Well in the end the coach sat me for the first half, and Australian was in for a rude awakening as New Zealand dominated the first half moving to a score of 3-0 and the Australian spirt was absolutely crushed. Then I got my chance on the ice I played on the right wing catching the puck I faked left then headed right before finding the back of the goal. I was only able to bring that game to a 3-3 draw but this was just the start of my dream national team journey.