Bob interview

jRuutu

hockey-interview-and-everything.jpg?resi

Season 70 rolling on, one more game in the books when Ottawa Lynx beat last seasons champions Saskatoon Wild 5-0 here in Saskatoon. I have Lynx winger Jim Bob next to me, Jim thanks for joining us, quick thoughts on the game?

JB: Good game from us, 5-0 shows we were the better team today, started the game well, up by two after first and sealed the deal in the second period. Always special to beat the team that won it all last year, of course in junior hockey things move a lot faster, but a great game from us.

What about the season so far, Ottawa has won 13 games out of 14 - has to be pretty pleasing?

JB: It is yes, in all honesty, nobody in the team was expecting the start to be this good even though we all were quite optimistic and confident about our chances to play well. We have a great team that can beat anybody in the league. If and when we keep this level of play up, I think we are going to have a great year in Ottawa.

You like many others are playing for the first time in Ottawa, how has that been?

JB: Weird at first, Ottawa is a hockey crazy place you know and the atmosphere in the games is wild sometimes. Some players came straight from other leagues and some joined the end of last year to get a quick taste on the VHLM life, so it´s pretty new to all of us, but we are getting there. Every day is a new day and one step closer to feeling more familiar with life in Ottawa.

As mentioned Ottawa has played well as a team, is it a surprise that you have 26 points in 14 games?

JB: Not really, after we won five in a row it became obvious I can play in this league and big role naturally only helps in building confidence, which in result shows on the scoreboard. I only wish I could hit a bit more, not easy to be a power forward in a team that holds the puck so much of the game, I live on the hits. Try to keep it clean and not ruin the team's chances to win, so opportunities to actually throw my body around might not come that often during some games. I wish there would be an option to hit your teammates for like 0.5 hits for each hit, hit twice of your own to get 1 full hit into the statistics or something like that. I joke of course, but not really.

How is the season moving forward from here?

JB: We got a home game against Las Vegas coming up, great to get back home after being on the road for some time now. The game itself should be a good one, Las Vegas is a hard team to play against at home and I´m sure they want to end our winning streak.

Thank you Jim and good luck!

JB: Thank you.